Filing my tax return

Hey there,

I could really use some help figuring out how us international students can go about getting our tax returns sorted through myGovID.

I’ve got an account set up already, but I hit a roadblock trying to link it to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). It keeps telling me I’m not eligible.

I get that they need certain documents for ID, but everything they’re asking for seems geared towards Aussies. As non-resident students, we don’t have those kinds of papers.

All I’ve got on me is my passport and student visa. So, does that mean flashing my visa is the only way to prove who I am?

If you’ve got any tips on what steps we can take, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

I think its best try call them directly and get an answer.

I had a similar issue since I don’t have a valid Australian ID they asked me to get a photoID first when I called them